If you are a skeptic about the Christian faith, I suggest you read the Bible. Start with the Book of John in the New Testament. In addition, I suggest the following books.
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis – This is a great introduction on the essence of Christian Faith.
- More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell – This is an easy read on who Jesus is.
- Basic Christianity by John R. W. Stott – A short book on who Jesus is and why it is important to consider Him.
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel — This is a journalists personal investigation into the evidence for Jesus.
- The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel – This is a journalists imvestigation into the toughest objections to Christianity.
- The Reason for God: Belief in the Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller – A book which answers questions skeptics often ask about the Christian faith.
- Born Again by Charles Colson – A biography about how Chuck Colson, fell from power in the Nixon administration as a Watergate felon and came to faith in Christ.